What Causes House Molds
Molds require the following conditions to grow:
1. Mold spores
2. A food source
6. Moisture ( water, leaks and humid)
Since all of the above are found in most homes it is important to note that the key cause of molds in moisture, moisture plus any of the above causes molds, if there is no moisture then molds will not grow
· Humid– If the weather has been humid or raining for several days molds will start to grow typically on walls and benches.
· Leaking pipes– Leaking pipes causes molds to grow, especially the undetected ones, regular inspection of house pipes ensures protection.
· Leaking Roof– Just like leaking pipes undetected leaking roofs causes molds to grow, frequent checks of roofs avoid this.
· Poor Ventilation- If your house is not properly ventilated it causes pockets of stagnated air which molds grow in.